Can I open my laptop lid single handedly?
What can I upgrade on my laptop?
- It is advisable to open your laptop lid with both hands from the center of the top edge rather than from one of the corners to avoid stress on the hinges.
Can I upgrade graphic on my laptop?
- You can upgrade RAM and Hard disk
Can laptop speaker be repaired or replaced?
Can laptop mainboard be repaired?
- Unfortunately, it is not possible.
What to do if my laptop gets liquid on it?
- Yes, it can, depending on the damage level. However, there is no guarantee that mainboard can be 100% recovered.
- Turn it off immediately – remove from power source or unplug the battery
- Unplug all external devices such as USB drive and mouse
- Turn the laptop upside down to allow liquid drain away
- Wipe excess liquid with paper towel
- Allow the laptop to air dry for 24 – 48 hours
How do I know the voltage and amps of my laptop adapter?
Can I use different voltage and ampere for my laptop?
- It is written on the back of the adapter.
Can I use a universal adapter for my laptop?
- No. Each laptop required different voltage and ampere to operate smoothly.
Can laptop batteries overheat?
What are the do’s and don’ts when using adapter?
- Universal adapters have a range of voltage and amps that they output. It is better to use the correct volts.
- Plug in the adapter completely before turning on the power supply.
- Do not wrap the cord tightly around the adapter as this can cause the wires to split.
- Do not cover the adapter with a cloth when in use as heat may build up.
Does a laptop require regular servicing?
Can I use my laptop for gaming?
- It depends on environmental conditions and usage.
- Standard – once in 6 months
- Intensive usage – once in 3 months
- Aircond room – once in 6 to 12 months
Does cooling pad help in overheating issue?
- Yes, but it may lead to graphic issues if it is overly used.
How long does it take to service a laptop?
Will I face data loss during servicing?
- No. Cooling pad only help in cooling the outer chassis.
Why it is important to service my laptop?
- No. Servicing is performed on the hardware only.
- It is to prevent overheating issue.
Should I keep my battery plugged in while using AC power?
How long does it take for laptop battery to charge fully?
- Yes. However, if your battery is fully charged, it is advisable to unplug the charger.
How long am I able to use my laptop on a fully charged battery?
- All brands and models of laptops are different. For a standard 6 cell battery, it takes about 3 hours.
How can I protect my laptop battery life?
- It depends on the cells of the battery and the operation of the laptop.
What is the overall life of a laptop battery?
- Follow the tips on care for battery.
Can I keep my laptop battery without using it?
It is possible to overcharge a laptop battery?
Should I fully drain my laptop battery before recharging it?
- Between 2 and 4 years, dependent on several factors.
How to know when it’s time to replace my laptop battery?
- Repeatedly discharging the battery to zero will shorten its overall life and capacity.
- Not charging when plugged in
- Doesn’t last long enough
- Error message pop-out